Sunday 25 September 2011

Days 18 & 19 - Birthday Potluck

This weekend I celebrated the birthdays of my sister's fiance and my mom.  I made a delicious rhubarb, blackberry crumble with an apple I found while picking the blackberries.  This is the end of blackberry season, for sure.  There were bugs making blackberry hives and bees sucking nectar and giant spiders spinning webs between the brambles.  I was glad to make this last foray and excited to find a tree with little green apples on it!

Wild Birthday Crumble

I think potluck dinners are the wave of the post-apocalyptic future.  The community sharing aspect is in direct alignment with abundance.  There was more than enough food and there was a wonderful variety!

I even foraged a bit in my parent's backyard and came away with: lettuce, grapes, apples, and a zucchini!
Lettuce, Apples, Zucchini, also Lavender

Grapes from my parent's yard

I found choke cherries near my condo, that while edible, are a little tart.  I'm not sure what I will do once I collect the rest.  Looking forward to chestnuts and acorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment