Thursday 8 September 2011

Day 2 - Almost Every Part of the Buffalo

This morning I woke up feeling deprived and super-hungry.  I started my morning yoga practice but found myself distracted by thoughts of what I would eat next month or if I would have to dip into the flour before the end of September. 

This is not living with faith in the universe, nor is it living in the present moment.  Therefore, I am shifting the purpose of this experience to align more with the concept of abundance.  I will not deprive myself because there is enough for everyone in this post-apocalyptic world when we believe there is.  We can only accept the gifts bestowed when we open our possibility-space and exist moment-to-moment.  Otherwise, we are living in some other past or future moment, missing what is being offered.  Recipes for Post-apocalyptic Living is now a manifesto of faith and abundance :)

That said, I am not a wasteful individual; I will make the most of every gift I receive.  For breakfast, I added some water to my almond milk (because I want to have enough for the amount of cereal that remains) and made hot lemon tea.  From the lemon I squeezed yesterday, I peeled the rind and juiced it.  Almost every part of the buffalo.  I threw out the shredded pith from the juicer.  Next time I will save it for a garnish or save enough pith to make lemon poppy-seed muffins.

Thinking about blackberries and other wild berries and foraging for mushrooms in the fall.  Anyone with experience in any of the above?

Favourite cereal!

Hot Lemon Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment