Friday 23 September 2011

Day 16 - Taking Stock

Woke up this morning violently ill with a fever, chills, and excruciating abdominal pain, thinking I was dying from improper food preparation.  It's funny now because I feel fine and because I am actually Food Safe Certified.  When in pain, the mind likes to play out the most dramatic scenarios and prey on our deepest pits of fear.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Feel the pain and be with it.  Then wonder why you don't have any drugs in the house.  Just kidding.

Confession time: I worked at my sister's Kumon centre today and ate pizza that wasn't foraged.  However, it was in exchange for labour and I had a terrible morning; I'm going to justify this minor infraction of the rules, and suppose a really high coefficient of friction on this slippery slope.

Threw out the sprouts because it has been more than 6 days and they smell like feces.  Dehydrated some lavender for tea.  When I find a moment, I will take the flowers off the stalks and store them in a pretty jar.  I also made orange juice from 3 oranges.  It was amazing...like my home is some kind of Orange Julius stand with bendy straws and foamy orange juice!


No comments:

Post a Comment