Wednesday 21 September 2011

Day 15 - September Lab Results


I am a little disappointed the B-vitamins haven't been included.  I think these results look really good, though.  I am proud of how well I have taken care of my body -- No flags!

The only item that is a little deficient seems to be MCH (Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin).  MCH levels below 27 indicate anemia and levels above 33 indicate thyroid problems.  In my case, I am at 27.5, so still over 27 but close to being low.  I am not too worried, as anemia is usually based on a combination of the MCH, MCV, and MCHC numbers; they are all within range. 

I am a little confused about Ferritin.  I have 19 and the  Reference Range column says >14, but then underneath it says '15-49 Probable Iron Deficiency'.  I interpret this as >14 being the thresh-hold for flagging.  Anything over is no major cause for concern, but there is room for improvement if it is between 15 and 49. 

In the past, I have had low levels verging on anemia.  I would say this test is consistent with my health previous to embarking on the post-apocalyptic lifestyle. However, with all the leafy greens in my freezer, I expect that to improve on the next test!

No comments:

Post a Comment