Thursday 15 September 2011

Day 9 - A Garden-ian Angel

Today I met a positively radiant woman who has given me access to her overgrown garden in Kitsilano.  You cannot imagine how grateful I am for this opportunity.  Particularly, in light of the fact that according to my scale I have lost 8 pounds since I started.  I haven't noticed the difference that much.  I feel like I weigh the same, though eating popcorn late at night likely gives the illusion of satiety and weight.  Also, I see myself everyday, so it's hard to tell.  To be completely candid, the only place I have noticed a difference is in cup-size.

I am fortunate to have friends who worry about things like bone density and vitamin depletion.  A friend mentioned that Morgan Spurlock had a medical team on stand-by when he documented eating McDonald's everyday in Supersize Me.  I considered creating a rule that I would end the project if my health was suffering.  I then dismissed the thought when I realized I had no real metric to base this on.  I mean, sure, I have felt dizzy, fatigued and yesterday I had a slight fever, but I feel convinced this was a virus of some kind. 

My plan is to see a doctor and get blood work done once a month.  These tests will indicate organ function and nutrient/mineral levels.  In addition to safety, this data will be interesting to observe as the project progresses.  This data may even support the post-apocalypse as a viable lifestyle choice.  I will post the results when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment