Friday 23 September 2011

Day 17 - Moon Time

I started my period and while this may seem like a total overshare, I assure you, it is not.  This is confirmation that yesterday's episode was a result of hormonal fluctuations.  Keeping in mind the blood test results, during this time I have resolved to take special care to eat meals loaded with iron and b-vitamins.  Today, for example, I had raw dandelion greens on squash and couscous with kombucha tea!



Also note that I would commit a number of illicit acts for chocolate-covered pretzels.  The concept of craving what I don't have is interesting to observe.  More so during this time, I see the tendency to think negatively and self-indulgently, to be less present.  I find the best thing to do is to relax (lie down, do gentle yoga, minimize noise).  When I don't feel as much physical tension, this want softens and I am content with tea.  Who is this negative and self-indulgent being anyways?  I don't know, but it is fiendishly thinking about melting down unsweetened Baker's chocolate squares with sugar packets from Starbucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment