Saturday 10 September 2011

Day 4 - The Rest of the Buffalo

I saved the lemon rind of the previous day and juiced it onto my salad yesterday.  I saved the bits from inside the juicer and made these marvelous mini-muffins!

Such a treat!
 You can follow along at home: Day 4 - Lemon Poppy-Seed Mini-Muffins

Yesterday I took advantage of the free bread samples at Cob's and the cream station at Starbucks.  When I worked at Starbucks there was a man (Cream Guy) who would dig through the garbage to find the 'perfect cup'.  Once he found it, he would go to the condiment stand, fill the cup with cream and add like 10 packages of white sugar.  Guests used to get kind of squeamish because they had seen him dig the cup from the garbage just minutes earlier.  I have to admit I wasn't a fan either.  Today, however, I thank him for teaching me.

I haven't signed up for the mushroom foraging yet.  A lot of people have signed up and from the comments, it looks like there has been some trouble getting in touch with the company to ask questions and book tours.  I will be checking out a library book on edible fungi before I make my decision.  There are still a few days before the offer expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment