Tuesday 15 November 2011

Day 69 - Banana Bread Surprise

I realise I have been 'saving' food the way that you don't use good china or silverware unless you have company.  As such, my fridge reeks of liquefied bananas. Aligning with the idea of abundance, there is always enough.  On the other hand, what about being pragmatic?  Too much thinking.  Better off making a beautiful pan of banana bread!



(I inadvertently deleted a lot of my recipes from the 'Recipes' page.  I was going to make the blackberry banana muffins from the first month.  Instead I will share this new recipe here to avoid that particular type of accident.)

I took multiple pictures and every single one was blurry

Ingredients:
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp clove powder (maybe less because it cancels out other flavours)
  • 1 tsp cinammon
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
  • 3 near-liquid bananas (very ripe)
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup icing sugar
  • handful of goji berries
  • handful of crushed walnuts
Method:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Oil the baking pan.
  • Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Grind the flax seeds and add to the dry ingredients.
  • Add the goji berries and walnuts.  Mix well.
  • Puree bananas and add to the dry ingredients.
  • Add oil.  Mix well.
  • Pour batter into the oiled pan and set the timer for 35 minutes.
  • About 5 plays of Stairway to Heaven later, let set and enjoy the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment