Friday 11 November 2011

Day 65 - Goji Surprise

This afternoon I decided to snack on nuts and goji berries.  What I found was an unexpected protein source in the form of moth larvae.  There was some cotton web-type of film sticking around some of the berries and that's when I spotted my little worm-friend wending its way around my bowl of nuts and berries.  It must have hatched recently because I had eaten them earlier in the week and didn't see any signs of creatures.  I checked because of the backpack taste.



I threw out that particular bowl but not the bag.  I feel like I could cook them into my waffles in the morning and avoid moving and visible evidence.  My other concern is that other items might get spoiled from introducing these critters into my kitchen.  For now, I will keep the goji berry bag out of the cupboard and on the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment