Friday 28 October 2011

Day 51 - Walmart Super-Centre Super-Star

Enjoyed a piece of super-iced Grand Opening Walmart cake at 8am whilst getting lost amongst the produce and myriad deals.  The camera I brought to take pictures had a zoom and a lens, the whole deal, but I guess I hadn't bothered to charge it.  This is why there aren't any pictures of the giant cake.  It was pretty low-key - no cheerleaders, no Beyonce, no Nickelback.

The Walmart expansion has the Walmart about a block closer to my house; it's a minute less time to walk there.  Wandering around there this morning had me wondering if I like this.  I don't know where the people in the store came from.  I have lived in Guildford for a while and I tend to recognize the same people in the area, often even know their first name and dvd rental history.  This morning I saw no one I know - Not even the pre-Super-centre Walmart employees.  It was a little spooky, like being in Ladner.

No comments:

Post a Comment