Tuesday 25 October 2011

Day 48 - Vanity Saves

I have been pretty sick the last few days with some kind of sinus infection/flu.  I was planning on getting my blood test too.  I think it will be tomorrow that I do it; felt crappy enough that I'd rather err on the side of caution -  I am grateful to feel some vitality in these bones again!

In other news, the washing machine at my parent's place is broken.  It floods and then it doesn't go through a spin cycle, meaning the load is a sopping wet mess and can't be dried unless hand-wrung.  Fortunately for me, my washing machine works and my youngest sister likes clean clothes.  She sent her laundry over to my place where I agreed to be her Chinese laundromat.  Naturally, the price was steep for re-living such a painful chapter of my ancestral history.

Cauliflower, Bananas, Onion, Carrots
There was also one-third of a bag of slimy mini-carrots and some lettuce.  To prevent any further spoilage, I had to cook those into a lovely chop-suey.  I am particularly excited about the cauliflower.  This could feed a family for 3 days or one person for a week.  I am dreaming it into a curry or perhaps faux-mashed-potatoes.  Maybe both.  It's bigger than my head and the dreams it dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment