Saturday 8 October 2011

Day 31 - Still Alive?

One month later and I am still alive.  Visited the dentist and she says my oral situation is indicative of someone with not enough B12.  I looked up B12 and the reason I have not been updating is likely due to this deficiency.  I seem to get tired rather quickly and prone to kind of negative moods.  My original B12 plan was kombucha (and it is flourishing!).  The only problem is that the B-vitamins kombucha produces are B 1, 2, 3.  I will instead be taking the Emergen-Cs that have B12.

I have been eating a lot of waffles lately.  I love lakes of syrup in my waffles and so now I don't have very much left.  I am thinking of getting some syrup from McDonald's tomorrow morning.

What I miss most (besides cake) is social eating -- the thrill of choice: choosing a restaurant; deliberating over menu items; customizing a Subway sandwich.  Yesterday I was feeling a little low (no Emergen-Cs on hand) and I ordered a soy tea misto from Starbucks, knowing that the soy would be fortified with B12.  How fortunate I was to encounter the last operational Starbucks before it was demolished.  Definitely miss the luxury of this.

I have been thinking about this project and some of the feedback I've received.  This idea seems completely normal to me, yet I often encounter a reaction of disbelief and horror.  I accepted this as a lack of ascetic resolve and sense of adventure on part of the critic.  My sister told me that my dad asked two questions when he learned of my project: Does she need money?  Is she lonely?  The first question makes sense, but the second is puzzling.  I guess what I am saying is that I am questioning my sanity and reason for doing this.  I then start to wonder if my mind is asking this because the project is getting a little difficult.  And, is this type of over-analysis the by-product of loneliness?  More practice required.

Not sure what I will make for Thanksgiving yet...but it will involve blackberries or azuki beans.  Quite possibly some variant of Kale and Azuki Bean Salad or Azuki Paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment