Saturday 3 December 2011

Day 87 - It's a Lifestyle!!

On Friday all my meals were on Kumon - first there was the corporate Kumon party at the Sandbar on Granville Island (salad, wild mushroom risotto, lemon tart with raspberry coulis) and then there was the Kumon Willowbrook party (Panago's pizza, my fave, hot chocolate, gingerbread cookies and lots of candy).  The holidays are a wonderful opportunity to revel in free meals.

Today I went to the Kumon East First Avenue grand opening and I won a door prize!!!

it's a giant chocolate egg

it's also hollow with a giant egg inside

For dinner, I decided it was time to use the crown jewel of my supplies - the can of lentil soup left behind by a friend visiting for a few weeks.  I truly, truly understand why canned goods are such a great thing for food banks and just in general.  I grew up in a house-hold that never relied on cans for meals, so it was very foreign.  I am amazed that a can that has been in my cupboard for at least half a year can be dumped in a pot and heated into a fantastic dinner.  Canned food is underrated.

space-age technology

Final Thought: My sister's fiancĂ© has taken to asking me if I am, "still doing that diet"?  I wouldn't describe this as a diet anymore than I would describe being 'gay' as a diet.  The nutrition angle is more of a corollary of the main objective, which is letting go, having faith in the abundance and mystery of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment